Bokong chalets are built within the Bokong nature reserve of the Lesotho highlands water project. The nature reserve is about 72Km from the Ficksburg/Maputsoe border, or 80Km from the Caledonspoort/Botha-Bothe border.
There are five (5) fully furnished and fitted chalets with a carrying capacity of twenty – thirty (20 – 30) people, staff housing, and a visitor’s Centre built on an edge of a 100m cliff. The visitor’s Centre offers tourists education about the Lesotho highlands ecology, and hosts a restaurant.
ATTRACTIONS AND POTENTIAL ACTIVITIES
- Bokong nature reserve (avian raptors, small wildlife e.g. vaal rhebuck).
- Tsehlanyane national park.
- Birding (endangered bearded vulture).
- Vulture restaurant.
- Horse riding.
- 45 minute interpretive trail.
- 2-3 days hiking along alpine plateau into Tsehlanyana national park.
START UP COST: M1.20 million
ESTIMATED MARKET VALUE: M9.75 million
PROMOTER: Lesotho Tourism Development Corporation.
COLLABORATION SOUGHT: Public Private Partnership
PRE-OCCUPANCY WORKS: N/A
Ms Mamello Morojele or Mr Tsepang Hatase
Tel (Office) +266 22 312238
PLANNED COMMENCEMENT / OCCUPANCY: Immediately